Many people don’t like leaving their pets at home and like them to experience a holiday too. There are a few factors to bear in mind if planning on taking your pet with you.
- Firstly check that pets are allowed in the area you want to go. Some National Parks do not allow any animals and campsites can also have rules.
- If you are allowed to take your pet, check whether there is an extra charge
- Only take a well behaved pet; a dog prone to barking will cause annoyance
- Keep animals on a leash
- Clear up any mess after your pet
- Do not leave your car locked in your vehicle
- Do not tie animals to trees or campground property
- Ensure that animals do not intimidate the local wildlife
- Feed them in the tent or camper as food left outside can attract other animals
- Do not leave pets out at night if there may be any threat from local wildlife.
Haven Holiday parks welcome dogs and guide dogs. Visit the Haven Holidays website to read their policy on dogs and other pets.